- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/4 cups packed brown sugar
- 1 1/4 cups white sugar
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, soda, and salt. Mix well with a wire whisk set aside.
- In a large bowl, blend sugars, using an electric mixer set at medium speed. Add butter, and mix to form a grainy paste, scraping the sides of the bowl. Add eggs, peanut butter and vanilla and mix at medium speed until light and fluffy.
- Add the flour mixture and mix at low speed until just mixed.
- Drop by rounded spoonfuls onto an ungreased cookie sheet. With a wet fork gently press cookies in a crisscrossed pattern. Bake for 18-22 minutes or until slightly brown along edges.