Adapted from Eat, Live, Run
- 3/4 lb whole wheat dry penne pasta
- 1 T olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup sundried tomatoes, chopped
- 1 can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 3 cups baby spinach
- zest of one lemon
- juice of one lemons
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/8 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese (or more to taste)
1. Cook the pasta al dente according to package directions in boiling salted water. Set aside.
2. In a large skillet or dutch oven, heat the olive oil. Add the minced garlic and saute for two minutes, until toasted and fragrant (be careful not to burn!). Add the cooked pasta, beans, sundried tomatoes and spinach and cook until spinach wilts. Add the lemon zest, juice, salt, cayenne and cheese and toss well. Add a little more olive oil to coat if pasta seems dry.