- 1 1/2 lbs chicken breast
- 2 chipotle peppers in adobo sauce + 2 Tbsp adobo sauce
- 15 oz can black beans
- 15 oz can corn, drained
- 14.4 oz can diced tomatoes
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 14.4 oz can fat free chicken broth
- 3 scallions, chopped
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper (to taste)
- salt to taste
1. Combine chicken broth, beans, corn, chilis, tomatoes, cilantro, scallions, garlic powder, onion powder, cumin, cayenne pepper and salt in the crockpot.
2. Season chicken breast with salt and lay on top. Cook on low for 10 hours or on high for 6 hours.
3. Half hour before serving, remove chicken and shred. Return chicken to slow cooker and stir in. Adjust salt and seasoning. Serve over rice.