- 1 head Cauliflower, Roughly Chopped
- 2 whole Shallots or onions, Roughly Chopped
- 3 cloves Garlic, Roughly Chopped
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- 4 cups Chicken Broth
- 1-½ cup White Cheddar Cheese, Shredded
- 1 Tablespoon Fresh Thyme, Chopped
- 1 Tablespoon Coarse Salt
Preheat your oven to 400 degrees. On a cookie sheet, drizzle the cauliflower, shallots and garlic with the olive oil and season with coarse salt. Roast for about 40 minutes or until the cauliflower is fork-tender.
Carefully place the vegetables in a food processor or blender and roughly puree. Texture is good, large chunks are not so good. Place the vegetables in a pot along with the chicken broth. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for about ten minutes. Add the cheese, thyme and a good dose of black pepper. Season to taste with salt. Serve with warm, crusty bread and enjoy!